Hamam is a print-only bathing magazine.
We started publishing Hamam Magazine in 2020 for readers to have a good soak and let go. Each issue features essays, artist projects, photography, and interviews with unconventional spirits all over the world.
The magazine has received these awards:
- 2021 Best Periodical Design (GMK Turkey - Graphic Design Association of Turkey)
- 2020 Editorial Design Achievement Award (GMK Turkey)
- "Project We Love" (Kickstarter)
- Magazine of the Week (magCulture)
- Best New Indie Mag (magCulture)
And magCulture had this to say about us:
"Hamam is so appealing because, at its (steamy) core, this is a magazine about something all of us grapple with—how to live. It explores the common idea of, and desire to cleanse ourselves—physically in water, spiritually, and mentally."
You can read our manifesto, A Declaration of Letting Go, here.
FORMAT: 112 pages, 22 x 28 cm
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: Ekin Balcıoğlu
DESIGN: Okay Karadayılar
PRINTING: Printed at Ofset Yapimevi in Istanbul, Turkey
SALES: please email firstname.lastname@example.org